You have done the unthinkable.
Most people never get beyond the point of talking about their dreams. The hassle behind getting started overwhelms them into an early tap-out.
But that’s not you, you are made of sterner stuff.
You have navigated the set-up and bureaucratic process and have set up shop.
It’s been a breathtaking experience but you stuck to your guns and prevailed.
Your lead generation has resulted in a number of few clients.
So, yeah that’s something to celebrate. Don’t you think so?
But (Why is there always a but?)
There is a challenge:
The client work isn’t enough. You are barely holding on.
There are some months when you get some work but that it is never enough to get you to breaking even.
It trickles and it is not like that of your fellow entrepreneurs.
So you begin to compare;
But we serve the same God do we not?
What are they doing that I am not doing?
Are they cutting corners?
Well I have been observing successful entrepreneurs people and I am going to share my observation.
Then you can decide whether they are helpful or not.
The ULTRA secret that is at the core of their strategy
The number one step to becoming as successful as your fellow business people is to understand what makes them function.
I think it is pretty obvious that I am going to tell you that most of the business people use the BIBLE.
[a]Blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked [following their advice and example],
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit [down to rest] in the seat of [b]scoffers (ridiculers).
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And on His law [His precepts and teachings] he [habitually] meditates day and night.
And he will be like a tree firmly planted [and fed] by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season;
Its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers [and comes to maturity].
The wicked [those who live in disobedience to God’s law] are not so,
But they are like the chaff [worthless and without substance] which the wind blows away.
No, they do not use it as a display for their coffee tables or to make people think that there are holier-than-thou.
They use the bible as the foundation for their business values and ethics.
Maybe you thought that the bible spoke of only spiritual matters and was totally silent on other aspects of life like finances, family and politics?
That’s how you missed it.
Anyway spiritual matters cannot be separated from life!
You have not built upon a foundation that will take you far (that’s if you are a Christian):
Matthew 7:24-27Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 “So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the flood sand torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.”
So whilst you did a great job to meet the requirements of setting up shop.
It’s wise that you check your foundations.
Are you a wise or foolish (I am saying what’s written in the bible) builder.
I have observed interesting facts from watching those I consider Christian business (a loaded term, I know) people.
Don’t say I am stingy.
10 Observations I made about those that built upon the bible
Here what I learned and it is confirmed by scriptures:
- The business people are connected to God by meditating upon his word day and night. Even as they go about their business they are doing their level best to mirror the characteristics of Christ so that their businesses can be a witness. Personally, when I started out my business I knew the verse but I did not take it to heart. I just brushed it aside as something that was limited to my spiritual life. So I did not build on the right foundation.
- I have also noticed that these people have been unwavering. They are firmly planted. They are sure about the vision they are pursuing and are not pivoting from one idea to the next. This is an assurance and conviction that is lacking in most of us. As a result of my shaky foundations when I did not see any progress within three months I begun to panic and I also became stressed because the US financial system was collapsing, so I thought that 2008 was going to be the end of the world. This just highlights my foolishness and I was easily blown away by the winds that came up during that period.
- On average the people I observed seemed to have answers to problems at their fingertips. They did not sink under the weight of the setbacks they suffered. I was totally different in that when a setback arose, I stayed in bed feeling overwhelmed and pointing fingers at everyone I could think of. But my fellow business people seemed to be on a different level. Instead of scurrying all over the place you would find them still attending church, lifting up their hands in worship and serving in the ministry.
- They understood the seasons. Some of us Christians do not want to go through challenges. We just want the smooth things. We bind and tie up our challenges and assume that we are fighting the devil. There is another possibility that we are fighting our own destinies by refusing to face what mountains are placed on our path. There was this particular man I used to observe and I did not understand him at all. Things did not seem to be going great for him but he did not run away from church. He was diligent in ministry. Even when his business was stalled. I threw in the towel and assumed that it did not work out because it was not God wanted me to pursue. The truth is that God wanted me to pursue the project from a different angle.
- Whilst I was busy complaining and shouting others were praising and worshiping. When you build upon the bible, you will have the revelation of how to react to setbacks. I have not. I guess it comes with maturity.
- They learn quickly not to conform to the ways of doing things the way the world does. It might have taken them longer to get to where they are going as they were not cutting corners but I am sure that they had clean consciences.
- They are filled with wisdom and are creative in coming with strategies that help their businesses to thrive. Even when I used to get strategies, I would never try them out because I was out of tune with God and was weary of failing. Some of them do not even possess university degrees but they are favored and prosperous because they put first things first.
- They finance the kingdom of God. They do not skimp or make excuse for not participating. When hard times hit it is easy to make cut backs when God is part of the casualty list.
- They never get weary of doing right. As for me, I did try to cut some corners, which did not work out so well. Galatians 6:9 (AMP) “And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed seasonwe shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.”
- They were much healthier and content than me. I used to get awful headaches, lost weight and had so many niggles because I was busy worrying instead of doing what they were doing. I thought going to God was a quick fire way to make sure that my dream would take longer to achieve. But my path led me to the foolish man’s end.
“And the rain fell, and the flood sand torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.”
The good thing is that we serve a gracious God and he gives us an opportunity to rectify my ways.
God is not just interested in you on a Sunday.
God created us to be fruitful.
I have shared a bit about how we failed to get a start-up going because we built on the wrong foundations.
My observations might not impress you but the wisdom of the bible should give you something to think about.
After all you deserve to be thriving instead of being stuck on just getting by.
Image credit: www.freedigitalphotos.net